DIV/0 error

  1. #1
    Bruce D.
    Guest

    DIV/0 error

    Hi all,

    I need help on a formula. I have a cell Z3 which is YTD. It calcuates the
    average from cells A3:Y3 (months of the year). So far so good. The cells
    A3:Y3 contain average totals from the 4 weeks of the month. So cell Z3 is
    calcuating all of the monthly averages which is working ok. The problem is if
    I have not entered any weekly data for the future months I am getting the
    #DIV/0 error and the YTD Z3 cell will not calcuate. I have tried using the
    help solutions. But it looks like I can't use their solution because I am
    using a range of cells. This is what I attempted:
    =IF(A3:Y3="#DIV/0","",AVERAGE (A3:Y3)). I then get a value error.

    Any ideas?? Any information is greatly appreciated!!!!!
    --
    Bruce DiPaola

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: DIV/0 error

    Hi Bruce,

    =IF(ISERROR(YourFormula),"",YourFormula)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: DIV/0 error

    This solution may work for you- since you're using a simple average you
    can change the formula to
    SUMIF(range, "<>0", range) / COUNTIF(range,"<>0")

    This sums non-zero values and divides by the number of non-zero values.
    Use this ONLY on a continuous range of numbers, because
    COUNTIF(range,"<>0") will count blank cells.

  5. #5
    Bruce D.
    Guest

    Re: DIV/0 error

    Hi Niek,

    I entered =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(C3:Y3),"",AVERAGE(C3:Y3) and the cursor moves
    to the "" quotes.
    --
    Bruce DiPaola

  6. #6
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: DIV/0 error

    Hi,

    In A3 enter the formula,

    =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(4-week range for A3)),"",AVERAGE(4-week range for A3))

    where "4-week range for A3" is the range of cells containing tthe data for
    calculating the average in cell A3. Drag the formula across to Y3.

    The formula in Z3 is =AVERAGE(A3:Y3). and it should behave properly.

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

    In fact

  7. #7
    Bruce D.
    Guest

    RE: DIV/0 error

    Hi B.R.

    I tried your solution and it works perfectly. You are the man...
    Many thanks....
    --
    Bruce DiPaola

  8. #8