(array?) formula

  1. #1
    Jack Sons
    Guest

    (array?) formula

    Hi all,

    In col E I have dates or text or nothing, in col G is ABC or RST or dates or
    text or nothing. and in col H numbers or something else.

    I need the (array?) formula that gives me the number in col H for which in
    col G is ABC or RST and in col E is the most recent date.

    Thanks in advance for your help and my best wishes for a goor 2006.

    Jack Sons
    The Netherlands

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: (array?) formula

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(E2:E200=MAX(E2:E200)),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(G2:G200,{"ABC","RST"}
    ,0))),H2:H200)

    Bob Phillips

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jack Sons
    Guest

    Re: (array?) formula

    Bob,

    Thank you for your answer.

    If the G-cell corresponding with the E-cell with the most recent date is
    anything else than ABC or RST the reult is zero.

    In the example below I should get 150 of cell H8 but I get zero. If cell G3
    is ABC or RST I get 1760 What's wrong?

    Jack.
    col E col G col H

    19-11-2002 RST 145

    29-11-2002 ABC 160

    31-1-2005 1.760

    30-5-2003 ABC 170

    1-10-2004 ABC 180

    29-10-2004 aaa 185

    29-12-2004 ABC 190

    28-1-2005 RST 150

    20-1-2005 RST 200

    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...