Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns

  1. #1
    sdupont
    Guest

    Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns

    Can someone help me with a formula? I'd like to create a new column into
    which I can put a formula that looks at dates in 3 other columns and puts the
    most recent date from the 3 into the new column? Thanks!
    --
    sdupont

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns

    Hi

    Dates are stored by Excel as serial numbers, therefore the latest date will
    be the highest number
    Try
    =MAX(A1:C1)

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    sdupont
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

    Roger,
    It did not work. I tried the formula looking at 3 columns: =MAX(N2:AP2:AR2)
    and got a circular ref. Tried it with just 2 columns =MAX(N2:AP2) and the
    end result was 1/0/1900.

    Any other suggestions or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

    --
    sdupont

  4. #4
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

    Roger's suggested formula covered the range from A1 to C1, but as you
    have three non-adjacent columns you must separate them by a comma and
    not a colon. Try this:

    =MAX(N2,AP2,AR2)

    Pete

  5. #5
    sdupont
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

    IT Worked! Thank you Pete. This is my first time using this forum and I
    appreciate the help.
    --
    sdupont