What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest

    What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

    Does it have a single function to perform the similar task?
    Given Lists {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}
    Given number {2,3,7}
    Condition: If any given number equals to any last 3 small integers, such as
    {1,2,3} in this case, then TRUE.
    2 is TRUE
    3 is TRUE
    7 is FALSE
    Does anyone have any idea?
    Thank you
    Eric

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

    =ISNUMBER(MATCH(3,SMALL(A1:A9,{1,2,3}),0))

    where A1:A9 holds the list of numbers

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

    Thank you for your reply, it works on cell, but when I try it on conditional
    formating, this does not work. Do you know how to make it work for
    conditional formating?
    Thank you very much
    Eric

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:41:02 -0800, "Eric" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Thank you for your reply, it works on cell, but when I try it on conditional
    >formating, this does not work. Do you know how to make it work for
    >conditional formating?
    >Thank you very much
    >Eric

    If you go look in the thread where you originally posted this problem, you
    would find an answer that may work.

    Posting the same problem in multiple threads generally leads to fragmentation
    and more difficulty in obtaining an answer.

    --ron

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: What function to select the last 3 smallest integers?

    You didn't mention conditional formatting!

    Assuming the given list is in A1:A9 and the given numbers are in L1:L3,
    select L1:L3 and apply the formula in CF

    =ISNUMBER(MATCH(L1,SMALL($A$1:$A$9,ROW($1:$3)),0))