I'm creating a simple spread sheet

  1. #1
    Jan in Excel
    Guest

    I'm creating a simple spread sheet

    I'm creating a simple spread sheet in Excel. I want to, throughout the
    sheet, subtract Coumn C from Column B and have the result shown in Column D
    without placing the formula in each cell for each entry... HELP!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I'm creating a simple spread sheet

    In you mean "type the formula" in each cell, you can use the fill handle by
    grabbing the lower right corner of the cell and dragging down.

    If you mean you don't want a formula unless there is data to calculate, you
    need a macro.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sudhir
    Guest

    RE: I'm creating a simple spread sheet

    Hi Jan,
    You don't have to key in formulas in each cell. Just select the row
    including the top cell in which you have place the formula, and click "Cntrl
    + D"
    Voila!!
    --
    Sudhir