can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?

  1. #1
    Vindell
    Guest

    can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?

    I have to compare membership lists to identify if customers belong to certain
    groups. Currently, I have been using Vlookup but I notice that there are too
    many nuisances. Could I use a filter to compare two membership lists and give
    me a more accurate answer?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?

    Maybe try setting up a new sheet with List1, and entering a new column
    indicating List1 in each row......then adding List 2 at the bottom and
    entering List2 in the new column for each row in that section............then
    do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and check the arrows at the tops of the columns
    to filter from there........it may do what you're looking for.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3