How do I check/uncheck ten or odd Checkboxes by click on one check

  1. #1
    Ken Vo
    Guest

    How do I check/uncheck ten or odd Checkboxes by click on one check

    Is it posible to use command button to check/uncheck all the Checkboxes in
    the spread sheet? Please help, thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Ken,

    Here are the macros to accomplish your tasks. Add a VBA Module to your project and copy this code into it. You can assign "ClearCheckboxes" to one command button and "CheckCheckboxes" to another.

    Macro Code:
    _____________________________

    Sub ClearCheckBoxes()

    Dim Shp

    For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
    X = Shp.Type
    If X = msoFormControl Then
    If Shp.FormControlType = xlCheckBox Then
    Shp.ControlFormat.Value = False
    Next Shp

    End Sub

    Sub CheckCheckBoxes()

    Dim Shp

    For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
    X = Shp.Type
    If X = msoFormControl Then
    If Shp.FormControlType = xlCheckBox Then
    Shp.ControlFormat.Value = True
    Next Shp

    End Sub
    _____________________________

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  3. #3
    Ken Vo
    Guest

    Re: How do I check/uncheck ten or odd Checkboxes by click on one c

    Hi Leith,
    Thanks for your help but I still can't get it working. What i did was
    created numerous of checkboxes and then a command button trhough "Control
    Toolbar". Than I click view codes and entered the codes that you had
    provided. It didn't do anything. Am i doing something wrong? Please help.
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Ken Vo
    Guest

    Re: How do I check/uncheck ten or odd Checkboxes by click on one c

    This is the code I have for clearing Checkboxes:

    Dim ChkBoxId As String

    ChkBoxId = "Forms.CheckBox.1"

    With ActiveSheet
    For I = 1 To .OLEObjects.Count
    If .OLEObjects(I).progID = ChkBoxId Then
    .OLEObjects(I).Object.Value = False
    End If
    Next I
    End With

    But how do I do the opposite? What's the code for it? Please help. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Ken,

    This is a good example of the devil being in the details. There are 2 ways to create controls on a worksheet. One is by using the FORMS toolbar and the other is the CONTROL TOOLBOX. I had thought about including examples using both types since the are very different at the code level. The code I wrote was for the FORMS type which people use most often with worksheets. The CONTROL TOOLBOX is generally used on VBA UserForms.

    The behavior of either type of CheckBox is the same. If it is checked it's value property is TRUE and if it clear then the value property is FALSE. To check the checkbox...

    If .OLEObjects(I).progID = ChkBoxId Then
    .OLEObjects(I).Object.Value = TRUE
    End If

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  6. #6
    Ken Vo
    Guest

    Re: How do I check/uncheck ten or odd Checkboxes by click on one c

    Thanks Leigh!

    I appreciate your effort and time. It worked perfectly.