Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

  1. #1
    Chris Hedlund
    Guest

    Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

    Is there a way to use the keyboard to enter a cell value without exiting the
    cell when you press the ENTER key? I use the mouse to click the green check
    mark in the formula bar, but I would prefer to use the keyboard to
    accomplish the same task.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Chris Hedlund
    Guest

    Re: Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

    CRTL - ENTER

    thanks

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

    Maybe just turning off:

    tools|options|Edit tab
    Uncheck Move selection after enter

    would make it work the way you want.

  4. #4
    Chris Hedlund
    Guest

    Re: Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

    cool - I didn't know that was there - thanks!

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Enter the cell value without leaving the cell

    if you hit control+enter then also it will not move.