Filename import

  1. #1
    CiceroCF
    Guest

    Filename import

    I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel
    Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the file
    names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do this,
    is there any office program that will work?
    thanks for your help
    Carl

  2. #2
    Jed
    Guest

    Re: Filename import

    Hi Carl
    There is a Excel spreadsheet called FileLister.xls which i use for the very
    purpose you are seeking to do. If you wish i can email it to you.
    Regards
    Jed

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Filename import

    C,

    The free Excel add-in "List Files" may do what you want...

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  4. #4
    CiceroCF
    Guest

    Re: Filename import

    Thanks, i did a search for it on the web and found it.
    Appreciate your help
    Carl

  5. #5
    CiceroCF