how do I freeze colums & rows without the windows button?

  1. #1
    Theresa
    Guest

    how do I freeze colums & rows without the windows button?

    Excel 2003 does not have the icon "window", to freeze and unfreeze rows and
    colums. Is there an alternate way to do this process?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    RE: how do I freeze colums & rows without the windows button?

    Hi

    AFAIK this icon was never a standard part of any of the toolbars in any
    version - however you can get to the feature under window / freeze pane menu
    option or you can add the icon to your toolbars and use this.

    To add the icon
    - choose view / toolbars / customize from the menu
    - choose the commands tab
    - choose the windows and help category
    - scroll down the right hand side until you see the icon for freeze panes
    - click on it and drag it to one of your toolbars
    - close the customize dialog box

    Hope this helps
    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

    julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au