increase the value of a cell by a percentage

  1. #1
    ba
    Guest

    increase the value of a cell by a percentage

    How do i increase the value of a cell by a percentage and keep it in the
    existing cell. I have a spreadsheet that has payment values in for customers.
    I want to increase this amount by .08%. I have a mailmerge that creates
    letters based on the amount in that cell that is why I need to keep it in the
    same cell. thanks

  2. #2
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: increase the value of a cell by a percentage

    In a blank cell enter 1.0008 (i.e. 0.08% increase) and click <copy>

    Then select the cell you want to apply this to and Edit | Paste Special
    | Values (check) and Multiply (check) and click OK followed by <esc> or
    <enter>

    Pete

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: increase the value of a cell by a percentage

    In another cell input 1.0008.
    Copy this cell and right click the cell you want to change.
    Select Paste Special, and them select multiply.
    Select Okay.