How do you make cell 2 return data if cell 1 contains text?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    How do you make cell 2 return data if cell 1 contains text?

    If cell A1 contains a contact's name I want cell A2 to automatically return a response of "Lead" and if cell A1 is blank I want cell A2 to remain blank

    I assume I need a formula in A2 to this effect but am not sure how to make it recoginze it correctly.

    =IF(A1=???,"Lead")

    The question marks in red is what i don't know what to say.

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How do you make cell 2 return data if cell 1 contains text?

    Any of these help:

    =IF(A1<>"","LEAD","")

    =IF(A1>0,"LEAD","")

    =IF(ISTEXT(A1),"LEAD","")
    ?
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Thanks

    Worked like a charm

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How do you make cell 2 return data if cell 1 contains text?

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    RD

    "jermsalerms" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...