Equal Sign As Text

  1. #1
    Trussy
    Guest

    Equal Sign As Text

    This is probably an easy question but I have created a score sheet for a
    golfing friend. Next to the players score we have a column where I insert an
    equals sign (=) if there are two or more players with the same score.
    However. Obviously putting an equals sign in a cell the sheet thinks I am
    about to enter a formula. At the moment I prefix it with an apostrophe which
    is'nt very successful. Is there a way of telling a cell that this sign is
    purely text and not to expect a formula. I have tried the cell formatting
    command and marked the cells to text but this still does'nt work

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Equal Sign As Text

    Format the cell as Text prior to entering the = character.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...