File automatically opens

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    File automatically opens

    Hi, early last year I somehow had my 2005 sales report file automatically
    open anytime I opened a new instance of excel, which is what I wanted. Now
    that its 2006, I no longer need this file to open automatically. For the life
    of me cannot remember how I created this automation and have no idea how to
    stop it. I have checked the XLStart folder, no files located there. I have
    also checked under Tools->options-> General-> alternative start file and
    nothing is listed there either. Hopefully someone can help as I am totally
    confused. I'm familiar with VBA as well, but don't recall if this is
    something I setup in VBA. I'm using Office 2003. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Vijay
    Guest

    RE: File automatically opens

    It is probably an ADDIN that you have to disable.

    Check the entries under Tools-->AddIns

    See if there is entry for the file in question (and it is probably checked).
    Uncheck this and click OK. This should solve your issue.