Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

  1. #1
    JohnAO
    Guest

    Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
    different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
    change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
    cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    No, as a colour change does not force a sheet recalculation.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:
    http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

  4. #4

    Re: Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    That link was from Chip Pearson's site.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    But that requires a manual action to recalculate, it won't happen if the
    cell colour is just changed.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Re: Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

    That's why I included this:

    But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:

    <bg>

    But I agree with the emphasis!