Backup:always create a backup file in the save options

  1. #1
    Alek
    Guest

    Backup:always create a backup file in the save options

    I know that I can select the option to always create a backup file in the
    save options. What I want to know is, whether it is possible for me to move
    this back-up file to a different folder and if it will still get updated with
    changes to the main document.

  2. #2
    Jacob_F_Roecker
    Guest

    re: Backup:always create a backup file in the save options

    Alek:

    If you move a file using the file manager or windows explorer Excel will NOT
    automatically change the backup directory... you'll have to do that manually.

    TOOLS | OPTIONS /SAVE
    --Autorecover Save Location
    From there just type in the directory you'd like it to be from now on. Move
    your files to that directory from the old one and you'll be all set

    Good Luck
    [email protected]