Make safe Template

  1. #1
    PJOS11
    Guest

    Make safe Template

    How do I lock protect my template after setting it up. I still want to go
    back and fill out information without the risk of disturbing the preset
    template works?

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Make safe Template

    Select the cells you want to change and got to Format>Cells>Protection and
    unselect Locked.
    Go to Tools>Protection>Protect sheet and enter a password if you want, or
    just lcick OK.
    Savethe template.

    Only the cells you unlocked can be changed unless the sheet is unprotected
    again.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PJOS11
    Guest

    Re: Make safe Template

    Once I unprotect the sheet its is possible to alter the previous work. I want
    to be able to protect this work but still be able to type details around this
    work. I hope I am making sense.
    Paul

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Make safe Template

    See if this link to an old post helps:

    http://tinyurl.com/83g2m

    --
    HTH,

    RD

  5. #5
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Make safe Template

    It sounds like you're referring to a file rather than a template. You could
    still use the method I mentioned, but with a file. You would need to
    unprotect the sheet and lock the cells you have just entered data in, before
    reprotecting the sheet and saving. It's hassle, but workable.

    Another alternative may be to write some code to find and protect all cells
    with data in them just before saving the file.

    --
    Ian