Copy formula down a column does not use correct cell reference

  1. #1
    brett
    Guest

    Copy formula down a column does not use correct cell reference

    I have a sheet that displays a sum in a pivot table. I am then trying to
    calculate that sum as a percentage in the next column. My problem is that I
    have 300 rows to fill with the percentage formula. When I try to drag the
    formula down the page, it does not use the corresponding row's cell from the
    pivot table. How do I prevent that? For example:

    =IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("wTime",$X$3,"wk",12)/AI16),"-",GETPIVOTDATA("wTime",$X$3,"wk",12)/AI16)

    Then as I drag the formula down it changes the AI16 to the correct cell
    reference but the part that does not update correctly is the
    "wTime",$X$3,"wk",12 where the 12 should become 13, then 14 and so on. It's a
    long formula and I have 5 columns of over 300 rows that I don't want to have
    to update manually. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest

    RE: Copy formula down a column does not use correct cell reference

    Try changing the "12' with ROW(12:12) or ROW(A12)

    HTH
    JG