global text box changes in Excel

  1. #1
    MamaBirdie
    Guest

    global text box changes in Excel

    I've downloaded a 12-month-on-1-page 2006 calendar into Excel. Each
    individual date is its own text box. I would like to increase the size of
    the font for every text box. Is there a way to do it globally or do I have
    to change each text box individually?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: global text box changes in Excel

    Try a macro like the following

    Sub IncreaseFont()
    Dim OLEObj As OLEObject
    For Each OLEObj In Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects
    With OLEObj
    If TypeOf .Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
    .Object.Font.Size = 16 ' whatever font size you want
    End If
    End With
    Next OLEObj

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com

    "MamaBirdie" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: global text box changes in Excel

    Mama

    Gord Dibben
    Dec 20 2005, 10:02 am show options

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.newusers
    From: Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> - Find messages by this author
    Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:02:45 -0800
    Subject: Re: how to change font size on calender
    original | Report Abuse

    Bert

    Most of the Calendars from the Template Gallery have the day numbers
    inside
    individual Text Boxes.

    You can manually select these one by one and change the font size or
    use a macro to cycle through each box.

    For the 2006 12 month per page calendar this code will work.

    Sub Change_Font()
    Columns("B:H").Select
    ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Select
    For Each TextBox In Selection
    With TextBox.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=2).Font
    .Name = "Comic Sans MS"
    .FontStyle = "Regular"
    .Size = 14
    .ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
    End With
    Next
    Range("E3").Select
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:47:03 -0800, "MamaBirdie"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've downloaded a 12-month-on-1-page 2006 calendar into Excel. Each
    >individual date is its own text box. I would like to increase the size of
    >the font for every text box. Is there a way to do it globally or do I have
    >to change each text box individually?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP