Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Excel has disappeared

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Excel has disappeared

    My Excel option has gone and it seems to be related to an ad virus removal.
    I am not sure but everything else seems to work fine. When I click on the
    Excel icon, I get a window that says the feature you are trying to use is on
    a CD-Rom. Insert Microsoft XP Professional disc and click OK. Any idea what
    I am supposed to do?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Excel has disappeared

    Maybe only the Desktop Icon is dead..............try Start > Programs and
    look for Excel or an Office folder............or go through Windows
    Explorer.....

    Vaya con Dios,
    chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel has disappeared

    I would try going to Control Panel>Add/remove programs and doing a
    "Change" on Office.

    Make sure Excel is set to "run from my computer".

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:01:02 -0800, "David"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My Excel option has gone and it seems to be related to an ad virus removal.
    >I am not sure but everything else seems to work fine. When I click on the
    >Excel icon, I get a window that says the feature you are trying to use is on
    >a CD-Rom. Insert Microsoft XP Professional disc and click OK. Any idea what
    >I am supposed to do?

Closed Thread