the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

  1. #1
    Mike D
    Guest

    the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    Does anyone know have to get or make an "Xbar" symbol for Excel? I can't seem
    to find one in the symbols available

    thanks,
    mike duclos

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    Mike,

    Take a look at this post...
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2D012F6C

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    Free add-ins...

    news:[email protected]

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...aad00398e465f5

    Jerry

  4. #4
    Jack Sons
    Guest

    Re: the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    Jim,

    Equation Editor? Isn't that something from Word? To overbar characters in
    Word I use the macro below. I have no idea where to find an overbar
    possibility in Excel. Please let me know where I can find it, if there is
    any.

    Jack Sons
    The Netherlands

    Sub Overline()
    Dim sChar As String
    Dim i As Integer
    sChar = InputBox("Enter characters to overline", "Overline")
    With Selection
    For i = 1 To Len(sChar)
    ..Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _
    PreserveFormatting:=False
    ..Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
    ..TypeText Text:="EQ \s\up6(\f(;" + Mid(sChar, i, 1) + "))"
    ..Fields.Update
    ..MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
    Next
    End With
    End Sub

    "Jim Cone" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    Jack Sons,

    I believe Equation Editor is part of the Office Suite.
    The file name is: EQNEDT32.EXE

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  6. #6
    Jack Sons
    Guest

    Re: the Statistical symbol "Xbar"

    Jim,

    Thanks, it was indeed on my Office 2k CD.

    Jack.