Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

  1. #1
    Sr. Bio
    Guest

    Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

    I am trying to export a list in data format of folder contents, does anyone
    have any sugestions?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

    Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best.

    To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
    this KB Article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

    Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

    http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

    I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
    features.

    OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
    Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT

    All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
    Excel.

    One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
    directly to
    Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
    and
    sorting once you have the data in Excel.

    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-ins>Directory
    Listing.

    Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP