Copying values into another cell

  1. #1
    Bman
    Guest

    Copying values into another cell

    I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can
    copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the
    first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second.

  2. #2

    Re: Copying values into another cell

    =if(a1="","",a1)

    and drag down as far as you need.

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Copying values into another cell

    In cell B1, put the following formula and copy it down column B as far as you
    wish....

    =IF(A1="","",A1)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: Copying values into another cell

    Assuming that you want the cells in column B to remain blank until something
    is added to the cells in column A, in Cell B1 enter =IF(A1="","", A1) and
    copy down through your range.

  5. #5
    Bman
    Guest

    Re: Copying values into another cell

    thanks very much, one more question along the same topic....how would I copy
    a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet within the same workbook. The
    same thing, where excel automatically would update the cell.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    UK
    I think you just need to typ the sheet name in front of the cell references followed by an exclamation mark.

    So - =IF(Sheet1!A1="","", Sheet1!A1)

    But one of the more experienced members may want to clarify, as I'm still on the learning curve with some way to go.