WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE IN A:\ DRIVE

  1. #1
    Hils
    Guest

    WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE IN A:\ DRIVE

    I cannot open a Floppy disc. I keep getting a message that says window
    cannot open a file & to use the web service to find the solution but cannot
    find. Can anyone help me out on this plese?

  2. #2
    Can you copy it to the C:/ drive and open it from there?

  3. #3
    Hils
    Guest

    Re: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE IN A:\ DRIVE

    I have tried that & I get the same message

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE IN A:\ DRIVE

    The file is probably corrupted. This happens all the time with Excel.
    Never save directly to a floppy drive with Excel. If you must use a floppy
    at all save to a hard drive and then copy to the floppy.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...