Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

  1. #1
    Bugs
    Guest

    Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

    MS Excel 2003 SP2

    I'm working with a shared workbook. None of the worksheets are protected nor
    is the workbook. For some reason I can't insert an iamge on any of the
    worksheets.

    When I choose the Insert/Picture option from the tool bar all options after
    that are grayed out.

    Where else can I check for workbook sttings that would prevent this?

    I hope I can get an answer to this question before our project is over. For
    now i will need to figure out a work around!

    Thanks,
    BB

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

    Have a look at the "Limitations of shared workbooks" in the helpfile. You
    will find that :

    "In a shared workbook, you cannot do the following:

    Insert or change charts, pictures, objects, or hyperlinks."

    So the answer would be, unshare the workbook, make your modifications then
    re-share it again.

  3. #3
    Bugs
    Guest

    RE: Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

    Thanks bigwheel that did the trick!
    bb

  4. #4
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

    You're welcome and thanks for the feedback