CD-RW READ Only blocked?

  1. #1
    Nathan Burkan
    Guest

    CD-RW READ Only blocked?

    Why is my rewritable CD read only blocked? When I try to unblock it after
    selecting the file and hitting Properties, and then unchecking Read Only, a
    dialogue box appears using the term "atrtributes" preventing the unblocking.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: CD-RW READ Only blocked?

    All files on a CD are Read-Only. You should never open from or save a file
    to any removable media. Copy the file from the CD to your hard drive and
    then change the attribute as you wish. Then when you copy that file from
    your hard drive and put it back to the CD, it will again be Read-Only. HTH
    Otto
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nathan Burkan
    Guest

    Re: CD-RW READ Only blocked?

  4. #4
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: CD-RW READ Only blocked?

    Now why would you call this a convoluted method

    A CD -- or floppy or thumb drive is not meant to have data flowing back and
    forth to it on a real time basis. They are simply storage devices for files at
    a particular point in time.

    Copying the file from the CD to your HD, working on the file, saving it to your
    HD and then copying it to the CD is actually smart computing. You therefore
    have 2 copies of a file in case one gets corrupted.

    "Nathan Burkan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    :
    : "Otto Moehrbach" wrote:
    :
    : > All files on a CD are Read-Only. You should never open from or save a file
    : > to any removable media. Copy the file from the CD to your hard drive and
    : > then change the attribute as you wish. Then when you copy that file from
    : > your hard drive and put it back to the CD, it will again be Read-Only. HTH
    : > Otto
    : > "Nathan Burkan" <Nathan [email protected]> wrote in message
    : > news:[email protected]...
    : > > Why is my rewritable CD read only blocked? When I try to unblock it after
    : > > selecting the file and hitting Properties, and then unchecking Read Only,
    : > > a
    : > > dialogue box appears using the term "atrtributes" preventing the
    : > > unblocking.
    : >
    : >
    : > Unfortunately this "Rube Goldberg" solution does not work.!