return min. of range except 0

  1. #1
    Melissa
    Guest

    return min. of range except 0

    What formula should I use to return the minimum no. in a range of numbers,
    except 0?
    e.g. 1, 4, 7, 0, 6, 8
    The min should be 1 and not 0.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: return min. of range except 0

    One way:

    =SMALL(A1:A6,IF(MIN(A1:A6)=0,2,1))

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: return min. of range except 0

    =min(if(a1:a10<>0,a1:a10))
    or if there's a chance you won't have any non-zero numbers:
    =IF(COUNT(A1:A10)-COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)=0,"No data!",MIN(IF(A1:A10<>0,A1:A10)))

    These are both array formulas. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you
    do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't
    type them yourself.)

    Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.))