Incorrect totals in Pivot Table

  1. #1
    Jake
    Guest

    Incorrect totals in Pivot Table

    I have created a calculated field in my pivot table. It works properly.
    However, the column and row totals do not give intended results (sum of
    displayed results). Rather they use the same formula on all data in that part
    of the table. Here are the details:

    Data
    Table shows payments by transaction for all customers (field name=AMT).
    Customer may have + and - payments on any day. I need to show net payments
    per day by customer. I then need to calculate 31% of net payment BUT only if
    net >0.

    Pivot table: created 2-way table, calculating sum of pmts by customer by
    day. works fine

    calculated field: =if(AMT>0,AMT*.31,0). works fine in body of table

    totals: table does not calculate total of displayed results of formula,
    rather reruns formula on underlying data.
    example: 2 customers, one has net pmts of 30, formula shows 9.3, second has
    net of -20, formula shows 0. I want total of 9.3. table shows total of 3.1
    (30-20)*.31.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Jake