Copy/Paste in Autofilter

  1. #1
    honyacker
    Guest

    Copy/Paste in Autofilter

    I am trying to find out how Copy/Paste works during an Autofilter.
    I have a shared Excel file. I create a copy and put it on our ipaq pocket
    pc's.
    It uses pocket excel.
    When the ipaq comes back, I want to copy/paste the new data from it, into
    the main excel file. I get different results-usually the wrong one.
    I have both files open, put the same autofilter on both, and copy/paste
    special- values/skip blanks.
    Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it also copies the data that is
    hidden in the autofilter-which shifts all my data into the wrong cells.
    My question is:
    I want to copy/paste the visible data in autofilter into another sheet with
    the same autofilter on.
    Does anyone know how to do it properly, or know where to find info on how it
    works, so I can try to change what I am doing.
    Thanks,
    Joe

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Copy/Paste in Autofilter

    Select the filtered list, press F5, special and select visible cells only,
    copy and paste

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:emTI%[email protected]...

  3. #3