Table Sort/Filter

  1. #1
    D Richardson
    Guest

    Table Sort/Filter

    Table A

    User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE
    Jim x x x
    John x x x
    Dave x
    Henry x
    Jim x
    John x
    Dave x
    Henry x

    Table B
    User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE
    Dave x x
    Henry x x
    Jim x x x x
    John x x x x

    How can I transform table A into Table B, see my earlier post for
    attachment, (there are no viruses or macros attached to it). I basically
    want to remove duplicate user names, but preserve and combine the parameter
    fields.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    David.

  2. #2

    Re: Table Sort/Filter

    Assuming the data is on Sheet1.

    Create a new sheet (named sheet2).
    Select A1 of sheet2
    data|filter|advanced filter
    check copy to another location
    list range: sheet1!a1:A##
    criteria range: (leave blank)
    copy to: A1 (of sheet2)
    check unique records only.

    You'll end up with a list of unique names. Sort this column if you want.

    Copy the headers from sheet1 (B1:F1) to B1 of sheet2.

    Put this in B2 of sheet2.
    =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$99=$A2),--(Sheet1!B$1:B$99="X"))>0,"X","")
    Adjust the range, but don't use the whole column--and watch the $ signs.

    Drag it down the column.
    Select that range/column of formulas and drag to the right