Count Unique Values In A Filtered Row with Duplicates

  1. #1
    jcpotwor
    Guest

    Count Unique Values In A Filtered Row with Duplicates

    Hello,

    I've tried to copy and paste below the resource spreadsheet I am working on.
    What I want to be able to do is list out each project and who the project
    manager is on that project (now some PMs can work on more than one so there
    are duplicates). Then I want to be able to subtotal the hours (in case I
    want to review just one project, one city, or one PM) but also remove the
    duplicates again. Can you help me out please?

    THANKS,
    Joe

    Jan-2006 Feb-2006
    Total Hours: 411.00 411.00
    Total Resources
    Total FTE:
    Total Unallocated: 0.00 0.00

    Resource Name Role Region Project Jan-2006 Feb-2006
    Bob PM Toronto 1 106.00 106.00
    John PM Winnipeg 2 0.00 0.00
    Joe PM Calgary 3 30.00 30.00
    Jimmy PM Toronto 4 80.00 80.00
    Sam PM Toronto 2 65.00 65.00
    Tom Sr. PM Vancouver 6 65.00 65.00
    Bob PM Toronto 7 65.00 65.00

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: Count Unique Values In A Filtered Row with Duplicates

    From what you're showing, what you should do is...
    (1) set a filter on your database that appears to start at 'Resource Name'
    thru Dec-2006.
    Data>Filter>Autofilter
    (2) use the Sub-Total function to total your columns. Use SubTotal instead
    of SUM because SubTotal will adjust for filtered items while SUM will add up
    all hidden and unhidden items.
    (3) Filter as many columns as desired for the appropriate analysis. The
    SubTotal function will supply the correct totals [SUM will NOT]

    HTH,
    ---
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com
    If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
    Post Helpfull to you?''.