How do I format a cell for " inches

  1. #1
    David Allen
    Guest

    How do I format a cell for " inches

    I need to enter 1 2 3 and get
    1" 2" 3", etc....
    How do I format a cell to display inches

    --
    Dave

  2. #2
    Jim
    Guest

    Re: How do I format a cell for " inches

    Try inserting a Custom format using the # sign followed by two
    apostrophes, ie: #''

  3. #3
    David Allen
    Guest

    Re: How do I format a cell for " inches

    How can I get that to work for fractions
    I want the value of 0.50 to display as 1/2"

    --
    Dave

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Try this custom format: # ?/?''

    That's 2 single apostrophes at the end

  5. #5
    David Allen
    Guest

    Re: How do I format a cell for " inches

    perfect
    thankx

    --
    Dave

    "Cutter" <[email protected]> wrote in

  6. #6
    Delaware
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: How do I format a cell for " inches

    Great format... also #.##'' to round to a digit. Thank Cutter