How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?

  1. #1
    lance559
    Guest

    How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?

    How do I change a series of numbers in cells by only replacing one number in
    a cell? Currently, I want to increase a series of cells 4% and I used the
    formula =M50*(1-$P$1). However, I have to use 204% to get a 4% increase and
    then it is a negative number. What formula should I be using so when I
    change the single cell it either increases 4% or when using 0 it changes to
    the original cell number.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?

    lance

    Not too clear on this but how about placing .04 in $P$1

    =M50*(1+$P$1)

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?

    If you want a formula that outputs M50 increased by P1 percent, use this
    formula

    =M50*(1+$P$1)
    or
    =M50+M50*$P$1

    If you want to actually change a cell value by increasing it 4%, then input
    1.04 in an empty cell. Copy the cell, and right click the cell you want to
    change. Select Paste Special, and then select Multiply and Okay.