Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels

  1. #1
    Reb Brann
    Guest

    Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels

    Even though formatted as zip codes, I cannot get the leading zero to show in
    my zip codes when using Word mail merge to create address labels.

    Example: 04103 shows up on the label as 4103

  2. #2

    Re: Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels

    Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question:

    There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

    Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

    And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
    has instructions here:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...ngWord2002.htm

    about half way down the page.