Conditional Formating-get to do 3 options

  1. #1

    Question Conditional Formating-get to do 3 options

    Probably a simple question but I don't deal with this that much. In Conditional Formating you only get to do 3 options. I was wondering if on one of them you could have multiple.

    Example:

    My first one says if "x" then blue
    My Second one says if "l" then pink
    but on my third one, I want it to say if "v" "v1" or "v2" then green.

    Any ideas??? thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    re: Conditional Formating-get to do 3 options

    Try a formula:

    =if(left(a1,1)="v"
    See:

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "Coltsfan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    pinmaster
    Guest

    re: Conditional Formating-get to do 3 options

    Another way:

    =OR(A1="v",A1="v1",A1="v2")

    HTH
    JG