Formula using work days

  1. #1
    trouble with work days
    Guest

    Formula using work days

    I am trying to set up a formula in excel based on an issue priority ranking
    of emergency, high, medium and low. If an issue is of emergency priority, I
    want excel to add 2 workdays to the issues start date (which has already been
    defined in another cell). If the issue is of high priority, add 1 work week
    and if it is of medium or low priority; add 2 work weeks. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Formula using work days

    Make sure ATP is installed

    =IF(Other_cell="","",IF(Other_cell="High",WORKDAY(Cell_with_date,2,Holidays),IF(Other_cell="Medium",WORKDAY(Cell_with_date,7,Holidays),WORKDAY(Cell_with_date,14,Holidays))))

    look up workday in help

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    "trouble with work days" <trouble with work [email protected]>

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Formula using work days

    Hi!

    I'm assuming a work week is 5 days?

    Date in A1, ranking in B1:

    =IF(A1="","",WORKDAY(A1,VLOOKUP(B1,{"Emergency",2;"High",5;"Medium",10;"Low",10},2,0)))

    If you want to include any holidays that should be excluded from the
    calculation:

    List the holiday dates in a range of cells somewhere, say, J1:J10:

    =IF(A1="","",WORKDAY(A1,VLOOKUP(B1,{"Emergency",2;"High",5;"Medium",10;"Low",10},2,0),J1:J10))

    Biff