Excel - formula help needed

  1. #1
    GimmeStars
    Guest

    Excel - formula help needed

    Help please!! I am finalizing a payroll accrual file and would love it if
    there was a way to speed up this process every year.

    Does any know the formula to get the remaining weeks in a year based on
    various date fields?

    In other words... an employee accruing his 1st 40hrs of vacation would be...
    Emp#123(A1) started on 7/1/05 (A2) - therefore, his specific rate of accrual
    ..769231 (A3) would be calculated by the remaining weeks 26 (A4) in the year.
    What formula can I use to find (A4) based on date of hire (A2) and 52 weeks
    in a year?

    Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Have a great day peeps.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel - formula help needed

    Does this help

    =IF(date_of_hire<DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1),52,52-WEEKNUM(date_of_hire))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...