Renaming Column

  1. #1
    ConfusedStudent
    Guest

    Renaming Column

    Greetings,

    I would like to ask if it is possible to rename the column (A, B, C, D) to
    my own customes names (eg: UserID, UserName, etc...)

    I would like to use the excel sheet(*.xls) to import data into my database
    using DTS(MS SQL Server 2003).

    I am a student, and my lecturer said that it is possible to rename the
    column and require me to show it but i have tried to browse thru all the
    possible menu to do it but to no avail.

    Is it really possible??

    Your help/advice is very much appreciated!!
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    I think impossible. You can use (UserID, UserName, etc...) in first row.

  3. #3
    pinmaster
    Guest

    RE: Renaming Column

    I think what your lecturer meant is that you can change the column formats
    from ABC to 123.......that is done by going to Tools/Options/General and
    selecting R1C1 reference style.

    HTH
    JG