Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?

  1. #1

    Exclamation Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?

    Hi,

    I need to formula which will only bring back 1, if Status = Pending or Tba, and Urgency is high or Very high.

    i've tried countif(data...)+countif(data....) - but it don't work

    I've tried :
    IF(AND(
    IF(OR(

    But i'm struggling....any ideas ppl?

    cheers

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?

    Hi

    It depends how your data is laid out! Presuming your Status is in column A
    and your Urgency is in column B, you could try something like:
    =IF(AND(OR(A2="Pending",A2="Tba"),OR(B2="High",B2="Very High")),1,0)
    in column C

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    without a doubt that should work. i've changed it to the following:
    =IF(AND(OR(N13="Pending",N13="Tba"),AND(OR(M13="High",M13="Very High"))),1,"")

    But its still not picking anything up?

    Sheet 1
    Col N is validated so that it has Pending, Closed and TBA
    Col M is validated so that it has Low, Medium, high, Very High

    Sheet 2
    Is a summary page, basically i want a count of all cases pending which has an urgency of high or very high?

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?

    Your formula isn't quite right - you have an extra comma and AND.

    Try this:
    =IF(AND(OR(N13="Pending", N13="Tba"),(OR(M13="High",M13="Very High")),1,"")

    Andy.

    "harpscardiff" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Opps....

    It the formula works, in the sense it does not give me an error, I have to add an extra bracket, last but one. But the logic is still not working.

    Any Ideas mate?

    cheers

  6. #6
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?

    Troubleshoot your formula by pressing F2, selecting parts of the formula like

    N13="Pending"

    or even just the N13

    and pressing F9. If you expect a TRUE and it gives you FALSE, then that will tell you where to go -
    might be extra spaces in the cell, in which case you could use TRIM(N13) instead of just N13, etc.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  7. #7

    Talking

    Thanks for help guys, but unfortunatley, I can't get it to work.......I got a work around:

    I concatenated columns N (Status) and M(Priority) - so I 've got PendingVeryHigh

    In my stats sheets i've typed the status i need:

    PendingHigh
    To be assignedHigh
    PendingVery High
    To be assignedVery High

    Then did countif of each......Then where i want the value to be shown, i've done a sum of the 4 statues. Works like a charm, even though it long winded!!

    Thanks again