Data List

  1. #1
    StompS
    Guest

    Data List

    I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want to have all my Data Lists for
    drop down menus on their own seperate worksheet within that workbook. It
    says in Excel instructions that it can be done but when I try to do it I get
    a pop up that says I can't have my data in a seperate worksheet. Is there a
    way around this? Thanks for any light.........

  2. #2

    Re: Data List

    If you give that range a nice name, you can have it on another sheet.

    Debra Dalgleish shows how:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name

  3. #3
    StompS
    Guest

    Re: Data List

    Sounds good but I did something wrong....

    My worksheet is named "MPF"
    I have the "raw data" worksheet named "Data" where I want to keep my lists
    I created the dynamic lists on the "Data" worksheet and used the dynamic
    formula
    Whne I am on my "MPF" worksheet and goto data/validation/list and try to
    reference the list from the "Data" sheet - how do I do this? It won't let me
    select the "Data" worksheet. Thank you for your help on this...it is much
    appreciated.
    --

    StompS
    Portland, OR

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Data List

    Take a look at Debra's site to see how to name that list first.

    Then after you name the range, you can use that name in the Data|Validation
    dialog.

  5. #5
    StompS
    Guest

    Re: Data List

    Got it! Somehow I didn't understand that part. Thank you!