How Do I Eliminate the Serial Number for time from Date?

  1. #1
    Bob Gotti
    Guest

    How Do I Eliminate the Serial Number for time from Date?

    I have a long spread sheet that has two columns of dates (Received and
    Finished)
    that I am importing into a pivot table and would like to use the dates in my
    pivot,
    less the time. For daily use, I do use the time with the date, but only
    want the date
    for use in the pivot table. How can I eliminate the time serial number,
    before importing
    into my pivot, apart from editing each individual cell?

    Have a \\\I/// Blessed Day,
    ( o o )
    --oOO-(_)-OOo-- Bob Gotti

  2. #2
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Eliminate the Serial Number for time from Date?

    Dates are stored as whole numbers (days elapsed since the reference
    date), whereas times are stored as fractions of a 24 hour day. So, you
    can get the date part by

    =INT(A1)

    if A1 holds your date/time combination. Format as required, then the
    formula can be copied down.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3

    Re: How Do I Eliminate the Serial Number for time from Date?

    After you create the pivottable, you can rightclick on the date/time field and
    choose Group and show detail.

    Then Group, then by Days.