Popup TextBox/Comment

  1. #1
    Robert Brydges
    Guest

    Popup TextBox/Comment

    Hi - I want to display a popup TextBox or Comment which provides about
    40 lines of info to worksheet users and requires no input from them. A
    Comment would be fine except it won't stay where it is put - always
    reverts to it's default position on reopening. Data Validation would
    also be fine except I can't resize the box to take all the info I need
    to have in there. I can create a TextBox which displays the info, but
    I am struggling with an appropriate means of toggling it on and off. I
    can create a button-linked macro which displays it - do I need to have
    a second button/macro to delete it/resize it down to 1 pixel? I am on
    a Mac so no ActiveX controls. Any other suggestions?

    Many thanks,
    Robert

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243

    creating a button that can toggle

    Hi,

    You find something useful on this page (it was a bit high-powered for me):
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-3513-5800329.html

    The way I allow for toggling is to put a true/false value in the cell under the macro button (so it is hidden) eg b1 & test this value at the start of the macro... A bit simpler but it works for me.

    sub ToggleButton ()
    If ActiveSheet.Range("B1") = True Then
    'code to hide info... b/c it is already showing
    Else
    'code to show info... b/c it is not currently showing
    End If
    'to toggle value in cell
    ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Value = Not (ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Value)
    End sub

    Hth,
    Rob Brockett
    NZ
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Popup TextBox/Comment

    You might consider typing your comments on another sheet, and hyperlinking to
    them and back..........

    Vaya con Dios
    Chuck, CABGx3