Shared sheets

  1. #1
    Kanaski79
    Guest

    Shared sheets

    My coworkers and I often are working on the same document at the same time.
    I would like to find a way to share the excell sheet between the 3 of us so
    that we can immediatly see changes posted by the others, with out having to
    use livemeeting or anything like that. The last place I worked had an excel
    spreadsheet like that where all the QC techs would have thier own sheet and
    the master report sheet would update in real time. Well maybe not real time
    but twice a minuet or something. I would like something like this where I do
    not have to merge everyones sheet at the end of the day. Also so my
    supervisor at any time can pull up that file and see where we are in our
    workload. Does anyone have any Ideas?

    Thanks everyone for the help.

    Kevin

  2. #2

    Re: Shared sheets

    Tools|share workbook

    But there are lots of things that don't work in shared workbooks.

    And there's an Advanced tab that gives you a couple of options when your version
    should get updated.

  3. #3
    Kanaski79
    Guest

    Re: Shared sheets

    So if I put this on a computer that everone can access on the network, all of
    us can open that sheet and modify it?

    Thanks for the response.

  4. #4

    Re: Shared sheets

    Yep.

    But lots of people don't use excel for anything that requires simultaneous
    updates. Just because of the trouble that they've had in the past.

    If you really need concurrent updates, maybe Access would be better?