Copying fomula down...

  1. #1
    Jambruins
    Guest

    Copying fomula down...

    I have the following:
    cell G1 = A2
    cell G2 = A4
    cell G3 = A6

    Is there a way to have this go all the way down the column. I know if the
    cells equaled A2, A3, A4 I could just drag it down but it doesn't work in
    this case. Any ideas? Thanks

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Copying fomula down...

    Try the following formula

    =INDIRECT("A"&ROW()*2)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Jambruins" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jambruins
    Guest

    Re: Copying fomula down...

    Actually this is what the exact cells are:

    G1:=ODDS!C2
    G2:=ODDS!C4
    G3:=ODDS!C6

    How would I alter the formula you provided me with in this case? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Copying fomula down...

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =INDEX(odds!C:C,(ROWS($1:2)-1)*2)

    Biff

  5. #5
    pinmaster
    Guest

    Re: Copying fomula down...

    Try:

    =INDIRECT("ODDS!C"&ROW(1:1)*2)

    HTH
    JG

  6. #6
    Jambruins
    Guest

    Re: Copying fomula down...

    chip, biff, and pin, thanks for the help!