compatibility

  1. #1
    nigel.mullarkey
    Guest

    compatibility

    we re trying to use
    xp pro & an old version of excell ver 5.0a
    does anyone know if these two products are compatible
    we are getting files unable to open after working on a spreadsheet for a
    period of time

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: compatibility

    Generally, if you create and save a file in an older version of Excel, then
    any newer version should be able to open it, however, the process does not
    work the other way unless you specifically save the file from the newer
    version to a type of the plder version. Then the file can be opened by the
    older version, but some features that are available only in the newer version
    may be missing

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: compatibility

    You will need very strict working rules. Two things to remember
    a) in XL 2003 you will need to do a Save As and specify XL 5 format, and
    b) there are features in XL 2003 (an example is Lists) that XL 5 does not
    support.

    If one employee is using 2003 and anther is using 5, I predict a real good
    bust up within two weeks!
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "nigel.mullarkey" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...