Convert Text numbers to time format

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Convert Text numbers to time format

    I have numbers (time) imported as text so I cannot simply format the cell to time.

    does anybody know a formula that will convert this to the following

    130702 - to - 01:07:02 PM
    093506 - to - 09:03:06 AM
    101607 - to - 10:16:07 AM
    123958 - to - 12:39:58 AM
    225409 - to - 10:54:09 PM

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Convert Text numbers to time format

    =TIME(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),RIGHT(A1,2))

    and copy the formula down, then format all cells as hh:mm:ss AM/PM

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Try this formula

    =TEXT(A1,"00\:00\:00")+0

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    Thank you both

    I tried Bob's 1st and it worked so Im sticking with it. I sure the other one works well too