#N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

  1. #1
    Natasha
    Guest

    #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    I am using a VLOOKUP and everything is fine except when the result is 0, it
    gives a #N/A instead of a 0. How do I get rid of the #N/A when doing a , I
    want want the result to be 0.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    =IF(ISNA(vlookup_formula),0,vlookup_formula)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pendelfin
    Guest

    RE: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    Please can you copy and paste the formula you have entered, and I may be able
    to tell you where you went wrong.

  4. #4
    Natasha
    Guest

    Re: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    Thank you your formula works, it is just very long.
    Is there not a setting I can change on my PC? as my collegues laptop gives a
    0 and not the #N/A result automatically when using the normal formual e.g.:
    =VLOOKUP(A56,Per3!$A$1:$D$109,4,FALSE)

    Thanks
    Natasha

  5. #5
    Natasha
    Guest

    RE: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    Hi, thanks for your response.
    The formula works, it is: =VLOOKUP(A56,Per3!$A$1:$D$109,4,FALSE)
    My problem must be a setting somewhere. When there is a line where no info
    or result are, it gives me a #N/A instead of a 0. My colleges Laptop
    automatically gives a 0 and I do not know why.
    Thanks
    Natasha

  6. #6
    Pendelfin
    Guest

    RE: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    The only way I would write it would be.

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A56,Per3!$A$1:$D$109,4,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A56,Per3!$A$1:$D$109,4,FALSE))

    Hope this helps.

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: #N/A instead of 0 when doing a VLOOKUP

    Fraid not. You could use conditional formatting to hide #N/A but I would
    advise against it, I don't beleiev in hiding errors, better to deal with
    them.