How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

  1. #1
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    Hello experts!
    How to check for a bold text formatting through (in) a formula?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    A simple UDF will do it

    Function IsBold(rng As Range) As Boolean
    Application.Volatile
    IsBold = rng.Font.Bold
    End Function

    and use like

    =IF(ISBold(A1),...)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    Thanks Bob.
    I opened Visual Basic Editor, clicked menu View, Code, and pasted the
    Function IsBold(rng As Range) As Boolean
    Application.Volatile
    IsBold = rng.Font.Bold
    End Function
    Then clicked save.
    The formula =ISBold(A1) gives #NAME? , where A1 is bold text. What is wrong?
    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> сообщил/сообщила в
    новостях следующее: news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    Thanks. I know now.
    "Dmitry Kopnichev" <[email protected]> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    JMay
    Guest

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    Glad you got your answer.
    Please Share - what was the problem before
    you solved the it?

  6. #6

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    One typical problem with UDFs is that they weren't placed in a General
    module--sometimes, they're placed under a worksheet or under ThisWorkbook and
    then the Name error is returned.

  7. #7
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Re: How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?

    Yes, Dave Peterson is right.
    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> ???????/???????? ? ????????
    ?????????: news:[email protected]...