I need help getting data from two columns into one

  1. #1
    Rockies_Hunter
    Guest

    I need help getting data from two columns into one

    I need help getting phone numbers I have in an Excel spread sheet ready to
    import into Business Contact Manager. Currently I have area codes in one
    column and phone numbers in another. In order to import my contacts into BCM
    I need to get the codes and the numbers into the same column. Can anyone
    tell me how to do this?
    A B to A
    [704] [555-1212] to [704 555-1212]

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: I need help getting data from two columns into one

    =a1&b1
    or
    =a1&" "&b1
    or similar
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: I need help getting data from two columns into one

    Assuming all of your data uses the same format as your example, then this
    will work:

    In column C (insert a new column if you need to) use this formula:

    =LEFT(A1,4)&" "&MID(B1,2,9)

    Then copy the formula down column C for all of your data.

    Then select Column C, and COPY.
    Select Column A, and PASTE SPECIAL...
    Select "Values" and OK

    Your Column A should now have your desired results. You can then delete
    columns B and C.

    HTH,
    Elkar