Commission Formula

  1. #1
    Gladys
    Guest

    Commission Formula

    Basically what i need to do is add individual commisions for each
    salesperson. if they sell 1-11 untis hey receive 25% commission. On the 12
    sale, they receive 30% comission for all of their sales. Therefore, i must
    16th sale they start to receive 35% commission...i miust then go back and add
    on the additional 5% for the first 15 sales. Lastly, on the 26th sale they
    receive 40% commission and then once again i must add the additional 5% for
    all of the previous sales. Thus, there commission is retroactive
    My problem is that not all sales will land in the same cell, as see some
    cells do not count as a unit sold, and thus i am having trouble figuring out
    a way to make one spreadsheet that will be compatable for all salesman.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest

    RE: Commission Formula

    This should help you with the first part:

    assuming A1 = units, B1 = Sales, then in C1:

    =B1*LOOKUP(A1,{1,12,16,26},{0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4})

    as for the second part, we would need more details.

    HTH
    JG

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Commission Formula

    Extending pinmaster's formula:

    With the list of the different salespersons' names in Column A, the list of
    items being sold in Column B and the cost of that particular item in C1,
    try:

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000="Jim")*(B1:B1000="Item")*C1*(LOOKUP(SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000="Jim")*(B1:B1000="Item")),{1,12,16,26},{0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4})))

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Commission Formula

    See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html

    It's impossible for me to guess what you mean by your last paragraph.